This one day course concentrates on vitamin and mineral IV therapy available commercially for cosmetic and metabolic needs. It focuses on modifications to various nutrient products and different ‘cocktails’ commercially available for Myers cocktail formulation, hydration therapy, sexual enhancement, detoxification, skin lightening, and metabolic stimulation. This course will also focus on phlebotomy techniques and ‘pearls’ for finding veins on patients who are dehydrated or with a compromised venous system. Hands-on practice for creating an IV cocktail and administering an IV will be the second portion of this course. This training course is designed for Physicians (MD & DO), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Registered Nurses (RN), Dentists, Registered Nurse Practitioners (RPN), International Medical Doctors and Nurses. The course includes a didactic and hands-on training session. Attendees receive a Certificate of Training upon successful completion of the course.
Private courses are available – please contact us for more information.
- Understand the difference between parenteral or intravenous micronutrient therapies yields better patient outcomes then oral supplements.
- Safety practice guidelines for IV Therapy for health care professionals and patients
- Learn the fundamental principles of intravenous therapy and competently assess IV patient, understands the basics of IV solutions, and preparation.
- Understand minor changes to commercial cocktails to specifically for non-life threatening conditions such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (adrenal fatigues), immune disorders (i.e celiac disorder), depression, anxiety and the effects of acute and chronic stress, metabolism issues, and liver detoxification.
- Know potential contraindications and complications of each treatment method and how to deal with adverse patient outcomes to treatment.